About Gibson County
Gibson County is a county located in the southwestern part of the U.S. state of Indiana. As of 2000, the population was 32,500. The 2005 Annual update puts it at 36,908. Gibson County's Alphanumeric County Number is 26. The county seat is Princeton.
Gibson County is in the northern part of the Evansville, IN–KY Metropolitan Statistical Area. Within the county is the intersection of two major highways, Interstate 64 and US 41, and within a days drive from Nashville, Louisville, Chicago, St. Louis, Memphis, and Indianapolis in addition to nearby Evansville.
Gibson County is home to another major intersection, that of Interstate 64 and Interstate 69, which will soon link Evansville to Indianapolis.
@Home in Gibson County
Gibson County is home to the following businesses:
- Gibson Generating Station (Coal), Owensville
- Gibson Coal, Princeton
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana, Princeton
- Hansen Corporation, Princeton
- TISA (Total Interior Systems of America), Princeton
- Millennium Steel, Princeton
- Vuteq, Princeton
- Gibson County Quality Assurance, Princeton
- Toyota Tsusha, Princeton
Gibson County is home to the following school corporations:
- East Gibson School Corporation
- North Gibson School Corporation
- South Gibson School Corporation